3/03/2009

Late to rise, early to bed. (Isn't that how the saying goes?)

It's 10:10pm EST.  I've been awake for less than 12 hours.  

7.84 of those hours were spent on-the-clock at work.  0.62 more were spent walking to Vinnie Van Go Go's, eating two slices of their magnificent pizza, and walking back to the bookstore.  At least 0.67 of them were spent on the road to and from work.  0.6(ish) hours went toward showering, dressing, getting-out-the-door this morning (I overslept and had to get ready quickly; good job, me).

That leaves slightly more than two hours of catching up with my sister and brother-in-law, greeting the animals, chasing the dog around the living room (I wasn't terrorizing her, Chase is her favorite game), checking my email/Facebook/MySpace/Blogger accounts, eating some leftover salad, and, now, writing this blog.  Hooray for these 2+ hours!

If I'm smart, I'll be in bed within half-an-hour.  I have to be back at work 9.3 hours from now.

If you know me very well, you know I'm a proud Night Owl.  I have a hard time getting myself to bed anytime before 2am, let alone before 11pm.  So short turnaround times like thiskill me.  I either stay up too late and suffer sleep-deprivation, or I lay down and bed and try to sleep.  I can almost guarantee that I won't be able to fall asleep tonight.  But I'm gonna give it a shot.  Wish me luck.

For the record, though this post suggests otherwise, my life has not been so deconstructed that I can break it down into a collection of categorized durations.  It was today, unfortunately, but my life as a whole is still very much a beautiful, organic, living entity.  Thank goodness for that. Should things ever become so routine that I'm able to quantify each successive day, please remove me from this world.  I refuse to live such a life.

Okay, seriously.  Bedtime.  I love and miss you all.

Crap, I still need to make a sandwich for lunch tomorrow.


[My mind's jukebox was on shuffle in a big way today.  I couldn't seem to get anything stuck in my head, even when I wanted to.  But now that I'm home, it's all Queens of the Stone Age.  I enthusiastically recommend "I Was a Teenage Hand Model".  Who am I kidding, all of their songs are great.  Try "Another Love Song" on for size, while you're at it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment